Monday, March 7, 2011

Report on Bible Character for Pat*finders

Habakkuk was about the 8th minor prophet.  I found out that his name means embrace.  He embraced God.

Habakkuk 3:18
"Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will joy in the God of my Salvation."

Jewish tradition is that he was the son of the Shunammite woman.  Another Jewish tradition is he was a watch man in Isaiah 21:6
"For thus hath the Lord said unto me,
"Go, set a watchman
Let him declare what he seeth."

He must have been a levite because he had stringed instruments and is believed to have played in the temple.

Habakkuk 3:19
"The Lord God is my strength
and
He will make my feet like hinds feet,
and
He will make me to walk upon mine high places.
To the chief singer on my stringed instruments."

What I do know for sure is that he brought all the complaints of the people to God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment